TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - For Nixit
People Seeking Info

Subject For Nixit

Posted by ztunerz on July 18, 2007 at 12:09 AM
  This message has been viewed 299 times.

In Reply To The difference is, Jon Abler is *NOT* an engineer. posted by ni[X]it on July 17, 2007 at 06:14 PM

Message I know you are an engineer and for the most part this was not directed at you. I'm talking about "other" psudo engineers on this board. The reason i don't want to start talking about the AAE stuff is....

1. If i have flow tests - some people will simply contradict them by saying i'm not objective.

2. If i have dyno tests - some people will say its not a apples to apples comparizion. i don't have the money or the financial incentive to do a true apples to apples test.

3. Some others will come up with fancy theories about why the design is incorrect even if flow or dyno numbers stare them in the face.

I don't claim to be an engineer. I do know a few things about building fast cars though. My "methord" is to try something empirically and see if it works. If it works great - if not try again. I do however try it at my expense and on my car first and don't recommend or install parts that i have not tried myself first. For instance

1. I tested E-fans every which way and to great extent but found they did not work well or were unreliable so i never sold a "kit" since i couldn't honestly say it worked for most people.

2. I tested the dual feed fuel rail setup and have empirical proof that it helped stabilize EGT's between banks but i'm sure some "engineering type" will come up with some theory to discredit that - so be it.

3. I have dyno tests comparing certaing brands of DP's - lets leave it at that.

4. I have dyno tests and AIT measurements from certain FMIC's - no one cares they just regurgite what they read in Corky Bells book about core lengths and pressure drops.

5. I have comparitive AIT / Dyno tests of different smic's. Tube fin vs bar and plate - i better not buck the trend and say which one ACTUALLY cools better

6. JWT ecu's - LOL they are OK but definately not the holy grail - i challenge anyone to show otherwise. Anyone can use an AFC to optimize the fuel curve and advance the base timing on a Z to make more power. Even the biggest JWT advocates are now tuning their own ecu's -

There are MANY theories on this board that do not agree with the results i have seen. People here seem to simply take a mind set and stick to it either due to brand loyalty or due to some sick reasoning i don't understand. Vendors seem to keep whatever testing to themselves or use it simply to promote their product (some notable exceptions).

I tested AAE's V1, V2 and V3 manifolds and have used them in very harsh environments and have empirical proof that they work very well. I have dyno numbers to match too, BUT you know how anything i post about it will be picked apart. I also have tests for MS manifolds in my hands right now but i will keep quiet because i don't want to deal with hassle of arguing with certain people on this board who will disagree with me no matter what.

If you are interested in flow tests of the V3 vs MS i can provide them to you directly. I think privately you will have a different opinion once you see the results but i could be wrong. However that would depend on if you trust me in the first place.

Harry

PS: the only product i think you designed that i know of is the fuel rails and they "look" great. Your testing seems right. They fit fine and unfortunately thats all the info i have on them.

Formerly yellowzxtt

" If it doesn't make it faster, i don't care "
Please visit www.ztuner.com to GO FASTER

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.